Find a Solution
YOUR FUTURE IN THE LIFE SCIENCES STARTS HERE.
In partnership with the Boz Institute, this program affords students opportunities to become immersed in the life sciences, undertaking a unique applied research project in biodiversity and neurobiology and/or molecular biology.
Attend classes twice a week after school in a modern wet lab at the San Diego Science Center. You'll engage with classmates and instructors and become part of our research team!
- Become proficient in a variety of processes employed in life sciences research.
- Get experience through field work, fundamental molecular biology topics, modern laboratory techniques, and relevant bioinformatics and statistical applications.
- Develop the capacity to synthesize life science fundamentals; review relevant literature; formulate hypotheses and design experiments; collect and process samples; execute experiments; analyze data and present findings to diverse stakeholders.
- Lead poster sessions presented to local scientists and industry leaders.
- Skills critical to professional success and/or success in postsecondary education (creativity, collaboration, communication, presentation, organization and problem solving, resilience and growth mindset, among others) are infused throughout the program.
How to Enroll:
1 - Pay as You Go: General enrollments, expand the "courses" tab at the bottom of this page to review the course list and then click a course to see details and enroll. You may pay per course as you work through the program. Courses must be taken in sequence.
2 - Pay in Full: Save 15% when you pay for the entire program upfront. You will still take the courses in sequence in your preferred format. To pay up front, scroll down to the "courses" tab on this page to review the course list and then choose the last option under the "enrollment fee discount" section. Enroll in this discounted section only.
3 - Scholarships: This program is currently scholarship eligible. Our Scholarships will cover the full cost of any program you choose. Get up to date scholarship information and apply for a scholarship see: