Jeofrey Bean is a customer experience and internet marketing expert. As the principal of Del Mar Research he guides companies in making successful customer experience decisions as consultant, keynote speaker and educator, developing and leading courses, training seminars and workshops.
As an expert reviewer at the Customer Experience Special Interest Group (CX SIG), sponsored by Intuit, Bean advises start-ups and established businesses. He has worked with ProFlowers(FTD), Sony PlayStation, FirstAllied.com, Stickshift, TheCourseKey.com and Nanomedical Diagnostics Biotech on improving and innovating online customer experience.
Bean is the author of two customer experience books of leadership. His latest book is "Customer Experience Rules! 52 best practices of customer experience leaders." The book is fully illustrated by Steve Hickner, animation film director at DreamWorks (Mr. Peabody & Sherman, Shrek and more). Published by Brigantine Media.
His first customer experience book, "The Customer Experience Revolution: How Companies like Apple, Amazon, and Starbucks Have Changed Business Forever" - with Sean Van Tyne - is a best-selling customer experience book. The book is based on experience, research and in-person interviews with customer experience leaders. Published by Brigantine Media,
Bean is an instructor for UC San Diego Extension teaching courses in advanced digital marketing, directed studies in business and customer experience for both domestic and International Programs.
Bean has also been recognized for his customer experience work and as an engaging speaker, educator and thought leader known for innovative insights and commentary delivered with a dash of humor at venues that include:
- The J.D. Power Service Excellence Summit
- The LPL Financial Focus Conference
- The Society of Customer Affairs Professionals (SOCAP) Annual Conference - Moving at the Speed of Innovation
- The SDL Innovate Customer Experience ConferenceThe International Leadership Association (ILA) Conference - Leadership in Turbulent Times (Journal Paper, Presentation)
- As guest on John Hockenberry’s “The TakeAway” radio show on National Public Radio (NPR WNYC and PRI).