UC San Diego created these masters' degrees in response to the need to expand career potential and bring academic rigor to professionals in various fields. These self-funded degree programs are tailored to the lifestyle and level of experience of working professionals. The degrees are conferred by the Graduate Division at UC San Diego and are a collaborative effort with UC San Diego Extended Studies and Public Programs, which administers the programs and advises students.
The degrees are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), the accrediting body for the University of California.
Master’s Degree Program in Clinical Research
The broad-based curriculum of the master’s in clinical research covers the principles of epidemiology, bio-statistics, patient-oriented research, health services/outcomes research, applied quantitative analysis, professional development seminars for clinical researchers and an integrative, high-level clinical research project in the student’s final term. Through an interactive classroom environment with peers and faculty, participants apply knowledge and insights to current situations and challenges in their own research.
Key program features:
- Multiple admission dates: January or June
- Flexible late afternoon and evening courses
- Each student is assigned a research mentor
- Courses taught by renowned faculty from the UC San Diego School of Medicine
- Links academic and professional scientific communities
Master’s Degree in the Leadership of Healthcare Organizations
The master’s degree in the Leadership of Healthcare Organizations focuses on building leadership and management skills for healthcare professionals with an emphasis on clinical process improvement. The program is designed to equip graduates with the advanced knowledge and skills that are essential for managing challenges in today’s competitive healthcare environment.
Key program features:
- Multiple admission dates: September, January or March
- Flexible, evening course schedule to meet the needs of working professionals
- Innovative and relevant curriculum
- Courses taught by renowned faculty from the UC San Diego School of Medicine and leaders in the healthcare industry
- Opportunity to network with other healthcare professionals and faculty from diverse areas of expertise
New Master’s Degree in Drug Development & Product Management
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to notification list when program begins accepting applications fall 2017 for a fall 2018 entering class.