New to the field of Teaching English as a Foreign Language and dream of a career teaching English overseas or in the U.S? Our foundation courses provide a 120-hours of TEFL instruction and the essential skills to become an English teacher anywhere in the world. These teacher-trainer courses will focus on the theory of TEFL, pronunciation and fluency, writing, and oral presentations.
Teaching English is an option for those who just graduated and would like to explore the world, for those looking for a mid-career change, or for those who are retired and would like to volunteer teach in the community. A TEFL award of completion can open doors to numerous opportunities and adventures.
Learn more about the TEFL Proficiency program at our free information session.
Can't make it to our in-person information session? Please try our 10-minute online information session!
The program can be completed in 3-6 months depending upon course availability.
Please click here for a Fall 2018 TEFL course catalog.
- A strong command of English is a prerequisite for this program. (iBT TOEFL: 69, TOEIC: 690)
- Students must pass all courses with a letter grade of C or above.
- $100 program fee.
- Course availability cannot be guaranteed and is dependent upon enrollment numbers each quarter.
- It may take more than one quarter to complete the program due to course availability.
- Upon successfully passing all requirements, students will receive an award of completion.