Teaching English to the Young Learner (TEYL) is a growing market overseas. Our 120-hour program will give you the specialized skills and knowledge to teach English to children ages 4-12.
Mandatory English language education for young learners in many countries around the world has created a demand for teachers who can incorporate games, music, storytelling, and art in the classroom. Teaching young learners can be quite different from teaching young adults and/or adults, and the courses in our program will train you in how to effectively use activities in lesson plans to “entertain” as well as educate your students.
Each TEYL course has a specific target and outcome, but our TEYL Focus on the Classroom course is especially interesting as it has two fieldtrips. One is to a nearby learning center and the other to a local elementary school where you can interact with the children and the teachers and really see what an elementary classroom is like.
Teaching young learners is a rewarding, fun, and challenging experience that is unlike teaching other ages. It takes special and unique skills – skills that you will learn in our TEYL program.
Learn more about the Teaching English to the Young Learner (TEYL) program at our free information session.
Can't make it to our in-person information session? Please try our 10-minute online information session!
The program can be completed in 3-6 months depending upon course availability.
Please click here for a Fall 2018 TEFL course catalog.
- A strong command of English is a prerequisite for this program. (iBT TOEFL: 69, TOEIC: 690)
- Students must pass all courses with a letter grade of C or above.
- $100 program fee.
- Course availability cannot be guaranteed and is dependent upon enrollment numbers each quarter.
- It may take more than one quarter to complete the program due to course availability.
- Upon successfully passing all requirements, students will receive an award of completion.