Make Agile's Most Powerful Tools Work for You
This course provides an overview of the tools used in Agile methods of project management. Program and project managers who need to understand the balance and necessity of organizational stability and agility as they lead teams will learn to practice interactive, lean, and Agile methods. Commonly used terms will be explained and participants will dive deeper into the most common practices. Understanding organizational stability and agility is an essential skill for all project managers.
Go beyond the ‘text’ of books available on the subject and be able to:
- Identify important historical artifacts associated with Agile methods
- Define common terms used in Agile
- Explain the most commonly practiced methods for Agile
- Apply the impact of key events and artifacts in the practice of the most widely used methods
- Describe the important leadership differences between classical and Agile project management
- Evaluate your work environment to implement Agile methods
- Articulate the value of Agile methods to those not familiar
This course will provide 27 education hours. To receive Professional Development Units (PDU’s), submit your UCSD transcript to the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Instructor Spotlight: Mark Rushton.
Fully online instructor-led training using live virtual class meetings via Zoom or Virbela conferencing systems. Click on the “Live Online” section below to view details of the online meeting times and instructor information.
Fully online Instructor-led training on your schedule with no set meeting times. Lectures are pre-recorded and your instructor will set weekly discussion topics to help you engage with the content and share meaningful experiences. Click on the “Online” section below to view course details.
Note: Not all formats may be available every quarter.
Note: No pre-requisite required. For questions about this course, please contact ProjectManagement@ucsd.edu.
Course Number: BUSA-40860
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Project Management, Software Quality Assurance
+ Expand All
1/21/2021 - 3/18/2021