Make Agile's Most Powerful Tools Work for You
This course provides an overview of the tools used in Agile methods of project management. Program and project managers who need to understand the balance and necessity of organizational stability and agility as they lead teams will learn to practice interactive, lean, and Agile methods. Commonly used terms will be explained and participants will dive deeper into the most common practices. Understanding organizational stability and agility is an essential skill for all project managers.
Go beyond the ‘text’ of books available on the subject and be able to:
- Identify important historical artifacts associated with Agile methods
- Define common terms used in Agile
- Explain the most commonly practiced methods for Agile
- Apply the impact of key events and artifacts in the practice of the most widely used methods
- Describe the important leadership differences between classical and Agile project management
- Evaluate your work environment to implement Agile methods
- Articulate the value of Agile methods to those not familiar
This course will provide 27 education hours. To receive Professional Development Units (PDU’s), submit your UCSD transcript to the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Instructor Spotlight: Mark Rushton
Project Management: About the Field | Alicia McLain, M.A., PMP, CSM - Video
Learn Using a New Cutting Edge Virtual Reality Platform
The VirBELA virtual reality platform is designed to improve the way people learn and collaborate with each other online. Used for corporate training and development, distance education, custom virtual reality simulations, and in place of brick-and-mortar offices, this platform provides a new for people to interact effectively.
Students will use customized avatars to interact and speak with each other in real time online. Students will be provided with Virbela software at no additional cost. Students will need to download and install the software to participate. Access to a computer with audio and a microphone is required.
Note: No pre-requisite required. For questions about this course, please contact ProjectManagement@ucsd.edu or call 858-534-8136.
Students will be provided with VirBELA software at no additional cost. Students will need to download and install the software to participate. Access to a computer with audio and a microphone is required.
Operating Systems Supported by VirBELA
- Windows Vista SP1 or newer
- Mac OS X 10.10 or newer
Hardware Requirements for VirBELA
- CPU: 1.8GHz Intel Core i5 or 2GHz AMD Phenom II
- Memory: 3GB
- Graphics: Graphics card with DX10 (shader model 4.0)
Course Number: BUSA-40860
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Business Management, Project Management, Software Quality Assurance
+ Expand All
10/14/2019 - 12/14/2019
1/21/2020 - 3/21/2020