Animation I: Introduction to Disney's 12 Principles of Animation
9 Weeks | $495 | Online
Using the simplicity of basic 2D animation, students will become familiar with Disney’s "12-Principles of Animation." Whether 2D, CG, or stop motion animation, these principles are the backbone for all character animation projects. Students will learn to use Key Pose Animation, Squash and Stretch, Anticipation, Staging, Lines-of-Action, and more to create several short animation projects and a final 10-15 second film.
What You Will Learn:
- How to apply traditional animation processes to 2D animation projects.
- Integrate pose-to-pose keyframing, squash & stretch, anticipation, staging, and arcs into 2D animation projects.
- An understanding of shapes, weight, depth, balance and appeal in 2D animation projects.
- How to develop an animation that utilizes cycles.
- A thorough understanding of Timing, Spacing, and Lines-of-Action in animation.
- How to analyze real world observations and apply them to animation.
- Be able to research from life, read and prepare Exposure Sheets to document the animation action, all while demonstrating critical thinking skills.
- How to critique and discuss animation projects.
Quarters Offered: Fall, Spring | Online
Course Fee: $495
Prerequisite: Basic drawing and computer skills (Mac or Windows).
Required Materials: Students must have a scanner for scanning pencil drawings or a Wacom tablet with a drawing program that can save JPEGs or PNGs. Basic movie-making software is free. Please see the Materials List.
Note: Elective course for Art and the Creative Process professional certificate.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: ART-40557
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Art and the Creative Process
+ Expand All
4/6/2021 - 6/5/2021