Design Like a Pro
YOUR FUTURE IN DESIGN AND ARCHITECTURE STARTS HERE.
In this AutoCAD Futures program, we will start at the very beginning, and will use AutoCAD to draft CAD symbols, kitchen and bath fixtures, and then create a floor plan. Students will learn to draw on layers, add text, dimensions and will plot the drawing at a scale. Students will learn two-dimensional (2D) drawing commands, dimensioning, layering systems, and drafting techniques. By the end of this program, students will have gained experience developing and assembling a construction document, including plotting, creating drafting symbols, fixtures and a floor plan.
Enjoy the flexibility of learning at your own pace. Courses are 100 percent online, with no in-person meetings.
What you will learn:
- Get an introduction to using AutoCAD to draft CAD symbols and create a floor plan.
- Become familiar with drawing on layers and adding text, dimensions and plotting.
- Gain an understanding of AutoCAD commands and menu systems.
- Learn two-dimensional (2D) drawing commands, dimensioning, layering systems and drafting techniques.
- Gain experience developing and assembling a construction document, including plotting, using drafting symbols, adding fixtures and creating a floor plan.
*Please note this program is a cohort. Enrolled high school students will take all 3 courses together and in order.
Prerequisite: Good command of the Windows environment.
Software: Autodesk AutoCAD (instructions will be provided on first day of class).
How to Enroll:
Pay as You Go $350 Per Course:
For general enrollments, expand the "courses" tab at the bottom of this page to review the course list and then click a course to see details and enroll. You may pay per course as you work through the program. Courses must be taken in sequence.
Pay in Full $840:
Save 15% when you pay for the entire program upfront. You will still take the courses in sequence in your preferred format. To pay up front, scroll down to the "courses" tab on this page to review the course list and then choose the last option under the "enrollment fee discount" section. Enroll in this discounted section only.
This program is currently scholarship eligible. Our Scholarships are first-come, first-served and will cover the full cost of any program you choose. To get up to date scholarship information and apply for a scholarship see: