AVID Professional Development Credit
Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID
) is a nonprofit that changes lives by helping schools shift to a more equitable, student-centered approach. AVID trains 85,000 educators annually to close the opportunity gap, so they can prepare all students for college, careers, and life In association with UC San Diego Extension, AVID offers post-baccalaureate (at the graduate level) credit for all of AVID's online courses.
Additional information regarding AVID programs is available at www.avid.org
The fees (0 unit, not-for-credit) you will pay now will be applied towards your enrollment for education units.
Upon completion of all AVID requirements prior to the enrollment deadline and daily attendance at the training, you will be enrolled in unit university credit with a letter grade. UC San Diego Extension will then enroll you in a course for credit and a transcript will be mailed to you.
Your grade will be posted and transcript mailed out within 6 weeks of credit purchase.*
You must register for your credit by the deadline specified in your MyAVID portal in order to receive credit. Credit purchased outside the registration window will be refunded. Your course with AVID must be completed with a verifiable grade before an transcript can be issued. For questions or status updates regarding your transcript, please contact email@example.com.
*AVID DigitalXP transcripts will be mailed following the August 27th registration deadline and should be received by October 1, 2021. If you need your transcript sooner, please visit https://my.avid.org/credit.
- First Time AVID Credit at UCSD, follow the steps to create a new account before following Step 2:
- Visit MyExtension.
- Create a new student account.
- Verify new student account via link sent to your email.
- After you have created a MyExtension account, follow the below steps to sign up for your AVID program:
- Under AVID Courses select the program you intend to receive credit for.
- Select “Add to cart” for the appropriate program
- Complete the check-out process through MyExtension.
- An official transcript is included with your credit purchase and will be sent to your MyExtension mailing address within 6-weeks of the course registration deadline.*
*AVID DigitalXP transcripts are processed following the annual August 27th deadline, to be received by October 1, 2021. If you need your transcript sooner, please visit your AVID portal: https://my.avid.org/credit
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org