Cloud Computing Architecture is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Academy
curriculum designed to help students develop technical expertise in cloud computing and prepare them for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification exam. The curriculum is delivered through instructor-led classes, hands-on labs, and project work. Students have access to course manuals, online knowledge assessments, hands-on labs, a free practice certification exam, and a discount voucher for the certification exam.
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Getting Started with AWS
- Architecting on AWS
- Introduction to System Design
- Automation and Serverless Architectures
- Well-Architected Best Practices
- Deployment and Implementation
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the value and benefits of cloud computing and AWS
- Understand methods and tools to maintain security and protect data
- Explain the financial advantages of the AWS cloud
- Navigate the AWS Management Console
- Differentiate between AWS storage options
- Understand AWS compute and networking options
- Describe and use AWS database options
- Identify deployment and management options
- Make decisions based on recommended architectural principles and best practices
- Create a cloud migration road map and plan
- Use AWS to make infrastructure scalable
- Create a business continuity plan and achieve high availability
- Create event-driven scaling
- Automate the deployment of cloud resources
- Design architectures to decouple infrastructure and reduce interdependencies
- Optimize data storage for static content
- Identify best practices prescribed in the Well-Architected framework
- Identify and solve common configuration and design issues
- Differentiate between architectures for data processing and analytics, mobile back-ends, and video transcoding
- Understand the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam structure and questions
This online course is taught through e-learning utilizing AWS certified curriculum. The instructor will provide participants with additional resources and guidance in the online environment throughout the course. There will also be hands-on labs and project work.
Students will receive an electronic student kit that includes course manuals, access to labs, and knowledge assessments. Additionally, a AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification practice exam and a 50% discount voucher for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification exam will be provided to students that successfully complete all elements of the curriculum (labs, assessments, project).
Undergraduate, Graduate or Professional students seeking cloud computing expertise.
Cloud Computing Architecture requires a strong foundation in IT concepts and skills. For details of curriculum pre-requisites, see Cloud Computing Architecture: Student Prerequisites.
Accreditations and Certifications:
- UC San Diego Extension is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Academy.
- Instructors have completed the AWS Academy Instructor Accreditation process and are AWS Academy Accredited Instructors.
- This course can also be used to prepare for the AWS Solutions Architect - Associate certification exam.
Next Step: After completing this course consider taking courses in the follow areas:
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: CSE-41337
Credit: 4.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
10/6/2020 - 12/12/2020