Dedicated to the modern architecture for building web applications using Microsoft platform. ASP.NET MVC is built on top of the powerful .NET framework and has the flexibility to be customized and extended to fit specific project requirements.
Participants will learn the principles of creating a new web application project, implementation of interactive web pages that accept and validate user input, the inner workings of ASP.NET platform and its integration with Microsoft IIS web server. Students will acquire practical experience while developing their web application project.
- MVC fundamentals: controllers, actions, and views
- Regular and strongly typed HTML helpers
- AJAX with partial views and JSON
- Traditional and attribute-based routing
- Windows Authentication and ASP.NET Identity
- Implement interactive web applications with user input validation
- Build contemporary user interface using AJAX
- Configure and deploy ASP.NET MVC solutions
- Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise recommended. While Windows 10 Home will work for C# I, the more advanced C# courses will require Pro or higher.
- Visual Studio Community Edition 2017 or later which is freely available on Microsoft's website: https://www.visualstudio.com/
- Intel/AMD multi-core processor (i3 or better processor)
- 8GB RAM minimum, 16GB preferred
- 50GB free hard drive space for Visual Studio and project files
Course Typically Offered: Online during Fall and Spring quarter
Prerequisites: "C# Programming I: Fundamentals of C#" or equivalent experience. Some knowledge in HTML, .NET and programming in C# are expected.
Next steps: Upon completion of this course, consider taking consider taking other courses in the C# Programming Certificate.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about C# Programming and course offerings.
Course Number: CSE-41162
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: C# Programming