Learn Business Communication Online Using Virtual Reality Learning Technology
Success in today’s business world relies heavily on your ability to effectively present yourself and your ideas. In meetings, presentations, and conversations, professionals are required to speak persuasively and professionally to drive the business forward. This course is focused on understanding the dynamics and applications of impactful communication where students will explore and practice in a virtual reality world the theories and models of personal and leadership communication; designing and delivering influential presentations; creating and communicating a compelling vision; crafting communication strategies for meetings, projects and change initiatives that generate alignment, engagement, high performing teams, and collaborative relationships; and identifying ethical communication considerations in organizations and virtual workplaces.
- Analyze situations using a variety of communication theories and methods to determine how to be more influence in different work or leadership situations.
- Determine the most effective match of messages and methods to communicate with influence in particular situations.
- Evaluate personal communication, verbal and non-verbal, presentations and in conversation to identify specific areas for improvement.
- Design and implement compelling, authentic, ethical personal and organizational communication that effectively uses presentations and communication in different media.
Experience the Virbela Learning Platform
The VirBELA platform is a social virtual reality environment designed to improve the way people learn, collaborate, and innovate together, while geographically apart. To date the VirBELA technology is used for corporate training and development, distance education by universities, custom virtual reality simulations, assisting Navy SEALs transition from military to civilian careers, replacing brick-and-mortar offices, and in health care applications.
This course takes place in a virtual online classroom where students’ customized avatars can interact and speak with each other in real time.
Online access to the course on Blackboard begins on July 8th. The first online lectures through our Virbela platform will start Tuesday, July 9, 2019 from 5:00pm-7:00pm.
Note: For information and questions about this course, contact Robert at ProjectManagement@ucsd.edu or call 858-534-8136.
Students will be provided with VirBELA software at no additional cost. Students will need to download and install the software to participate. Access to a computer with audio and a microphone is required.
Operating Systems Supported by VirBELA
- Windows Vista SP1 or newer
- Mac OS X 10.10 or newer
Hardware Requirements for VirBELA
- CPU: 1.8GHz Intel Core i5 or 2GHz AMD Phenom II
- Memory: 3GB
- Graphics: Graphics card with DX10 (shader model 4.0)
Course Number: BUSA-40945
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Business Management, Project Management
+ Expand All
7/8/2019 - 9/7/2019