During this trying time, UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your goals. Because this program is in an entirely online format, no changes have been necessary. Online classes will continue to run as scheduled.
C# Programming Certificate
Windows, the dominant operating system for personal computers, is a user-friendly platform that not only hosts but also provides developers with an environment to build different types of applications. The .NET Framework is the primary technology used by Windows to develop software solutions targeting desktops, servers, web browsers, tablets, gaming, cloud services, IoT and mobile devices.
Developers building applications for Windows platform use the modern and popular C# programming language that runs on the .NET Framework. Commonly used in large enterprise applications C# has been proved to accelerate the development process at all stages of the software lifecycle. C# is used in all facets of commercial software, from stand-alone, rich applications to responsive web-based software. Unlike Microsoft languages of the past, C# is truly a multi-platform programming language running on all major operating systems and mobile devices.
This certificate provides the core C# classes designed to teach the fundamentals of programming with C# and the .NET Framework while the electives are tailored to meet specific technology goals. Students will be introduced to the C# programming language and exposed to real-world scenarios that will help them build the confidence needed to succeed as a programmer in this rapidly changing industry.
- Hands-on experience with an elegant and object-oriented programming language that enables developers to build secure and robust applications that can run on the .NET Framework
- Direct experience with the Microsoft stack of technologies
- Electives tailored to fit your preferred field of study in database, web, or network programming, all using C#.
- Developed and taught by industry professionals
EDC Preferred Provider
The San Diego Regional EDC's Advancing San Diego program is designed to address talent shortages in STEM positions. Students of our program will be eligible for fully-funded internships at San Diego small companies. Learn more about the program by visiting AdvancingSD.com.
Key Program Topics:
- Introduction to basic programming concepts
- Object-oriented concepts and design principles
- File System I/O, serialization and reflection
- Memory management and Functional programming techniques
- Multi-threaded and parallel programming
- Language Independent Query (LINQ)
Job Demand and Prospects:
- In 2018, there was a 24% increase in jobs openings requiring skills in C# and .NET frameworks.
- According to Burning Glass, top companies hiring individuals for Software Development jobs with C# and .Net framework in the past year include Illumina Incorporated, General Atomics, BAE Systems, Cubic Corporation, Northrop Grumman, Amazon and Microsoft.
Who Will Benefit:
Individuals interested in career paths including software development, gaming, IoT, cloud services, and mobile applications.
- Developers looking to expand into new technologies
- Non-programmers new to software development
- Career Changers planning to join the workforce as programmers hoping to learn development skills
At a Glance
- Number of courses: Four courses (prerequisites not included)
- Total units: 12
- Estimated cost: $2,995.00 (includes certificate fee, required courses and one elective)
- Time to complete: In as little as one year
- Delivery: Online
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program