Get an Introduction to C++ Programming
C++ is a powerful programming language that can be used to develop operating systems, browsers, games and more. Practice applying basic coding concepts as you learn to read and write programs with C++.
We will start with an introduction to C++, including computer basics, operating systems and setting up an Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Then we will compile and run our first program. Students will become familiar with basic programming concepts, including compilation, execution, flow control, functions, arrays, pointers, file I/O, structures and classes. No previous programming experience is required
What You Will Learn
Understand how to apply basic coding concepts as you read and write programs with C++.
Return to the Sally Ride Science Junior Academy website here.
- Get an introduction to variables, expressions, assignments, console Input/Output, memory and arithmetic.
- Gain an understanding of Boolean expressions, branching mechanisms and loops.
- Learn about predefined functions, programmer-defined functions, scope rules, parameters and overloading.
- Understand arrays, including creating and using dynamic arrays.
- Become familiar with character manipulation tools, string Standard Class, I/O with strings, character I/O, file I/O and tools for stream I/O.
- Get an introduction to structures and classes.
Note: In response to COVID-19 health guidelines, we have restructured our in-person Junior Academy workshops as online courses. Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Course Number: CSE-90048
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/12/2021 - 7/16/2021