UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your educational goals. We have transitioned many of our courses to an ONLINE or LIVE ONLINE format, in an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We will resume in-person classes when it is deemed safe to do so.
ONLINE classes have pre-recorded lectures each week and guided assignments from the instructor.
LIVE ONLINE classes are fully online with live virtual class meetings each week using our Zoom conferencing system.
Gain the Skills Required to Succeed in Architecture, Engineering and Construction
Enroll in the Specialized Certificate in Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) to gain comprehensive knowledge of the software used for architectural drafting, modeling, and visualization projects. In this certificate program, all classroom examples directly translate to the production skillsets used for project documentation in the construction industry. These skills apply to other disciplines as well, including engineering, interior design, architecture, landscaping, and product design. Throughout the CAD/BIM Certificate program, you will gain an advanced understanding of the AutoCAD and Revit user interface, tools for assembling and integrating drawings into project document sets, and experience in the development and assembly of construction documents.
In-Class & Online
Varies by quarter.
Early enrollment discount available. Cost does not include textbooks, materials or parking.
3 - 9 months
Dependent on number of courses taken per quarter.
What You Will Learn:
- How to work on simulated real-world projects with industry professionals.
- The process professionals go through to create and assemble the components required for the creation of working documents.
- A foundation in CAD and BIM software that can be applied immediately to current jobs or future employment.
This Program Is Designed For:
- Those who want to learn Autodesk’s AutoCAD and Revit software programs.
- Those seeking to enter or advance in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC) industry.
- Trade professionals, facilities managers, engineers, architects, designers, illustrators and numerous others.
For further information about this program, please enroll in the free online CAD/BIM Program Information Session. Questions about our classes or certificates? Contact our department at 858-534-5760 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program