This course covers integral calculus of functions of one variable with applications, specific methods of integration, convergence of numerical and power series, parametric equations and polar coordinates, and separable differential equations.
- Method of Substitution
- Integration by Parts
- Integration of Rational Functions
- Integration of Trigonometric functions and their use for the integration of functions involving radicals
- Areas and Volumes of regions
- Separable Differential Equations
- Convergence of improper integrals
- Convergence of Numeric series
- Power Series
- Power Series representations of functions. Interval of Convergence
- Differentiation and Integrations of Power Series
- Parametric equations of a curve
- Polar coordinated
- Calculate indefinite integrals using the method of Substitution and Intergration by Parts
- Integrate rational functions and learn specific techniques for the integration
- Apply integration techniques for the calculations of areas and volumes of regions
- Setup and solve separable differential equations
- Analyze convergence of improper integrals and the numeric series
- Present functions as power series with the specified convergence interval
- Parametrize curves and analyze their properties using calculus
- Transfer between polar and rectangular coordinates
Course typically offered: Online in Winter and Spring quarters.
Live discussion sessions will be held on Thursdays from 9am to 10am PST. Attendance in these sessions are optional and the sessions will be recorded for students to view later. Exams will be given online during a set date and time.
Prerequisites: Calculus I or differentiation of real-valued functions of one variable, Trigonometry or equivalent knowledge.
Next steps: Upon completion, consider enrolling in Caculus II (MATH-40022) or other Applied Mathematics coursework for continued learning.
More information: For more information about this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: MATH-40019
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
9/21/2021 - 11/16/2021
1/11/2022 - 3/8/2022