This advanced course focuses on the practical application of CEQA requirements to a real-world scenario. In this simulation style course, students will explore a project from multiple stakeholder perspectives and will engage in hands-on activities designed to prepare them for entrance to professional practice. Students will sharpen their critical thinking and problem solving abilities as they relate to the environmental assessment analysis and strategy and will gain practical knowledge of the various tools used to evaluate environmental impacts such as the basics of air quality and traffic modeling.
Course Goals/ Learning Objectives
- Learn about the various stakeholders and how they are involved and affected by the CEQA process
- Understand which local, state or federal agencies have jurisdiction over a project and when to engage them
- Gain the foundational skills needed to run projects through the CEQA process.
- Learn strategies for navigating multiple environmental review processes.
- Learn about the various technical resources that should be used when conducting analyses
- Understand when a project needs Amendment, Subsequent or Supplemental documents
AICP Credit: AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for this activity. For a list of additional AICP CM Events at UC San Diego Extension go to American Planning Association.
CM | 18 |
Course Number: ENVR-40010
Credit: 2.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: CEQA Practice
+ Expand All
10/7/2019 - 11/16/2019