UC San Diego Extension Clinical Trials Administration Five- Day Intensive course is the premier clinical research training program in its field. Curriculum is developed around the latest regulations that are updated daily and will expose you to today's key issues in clinical trials administration. The program is built on responsiveness to the changing demands of the new clinical trials economy, personal attention, and sound principles.
In this intensive program, students will gain the fundamental knowledge of the industry and learn how to best take advantage of employment opportunities based on their background and experience. Upon completion, participants will have the necessary skill set to advance within their career and take on more responsible roles within this thriving global industry.
The Specialized Certificate in Clinical Trials Administration
- Offers a foundation in professional principles upon which clinical trials are based
- Provides opportunity to develop, practice, and apply skills most beneficial on-the-job
- Builds skills to assume more responsible roles within the industry
- Offers an opportunity to demonstrate working industry knowledge
- Provides networking opportunities with instructors and peers
The curriculum is intended for
Demand and Job Prospects
- managers in training and others who want to refine or update skills
- research associates and coordinators
- biomedical and research scientists
- nurses and allied health professionals
- statisticians and database administrators
- international clinical trials professionals
- individuals with degrees in science, psychology or related areas who are entering the field
- anyone interested in the dynamic clinical trials field.
Certificate graduates fulfill educational minimums for different entry level positions (Clinical Trial Assistant, Clinical Research Coordinator, Data Entry Associate) in pharmaceutical and medical device companies (sponsors), Clinical Research Organizations (CROs), or clinical sites such as large hospitals and clinics.
U.S. Department of Labor projections show that these types of occupations are forecast to grow “much faster than average” through 2024. Depending on individual’s experience and highest level of education completed salaries can range between $16-33 per hour.
- # of courses: A five-day intensive workshop, followed by three online classes, and concluding with a two-day workshop
- Total units: 11
- Estimated cost: Total cost is $2,835
- Time to Complete: Can be completed in less than one year
- Delivery: Blended (both in class and online)
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program