UC San Diego Extension has joined the Amazon Web Services Academy program to offer authorized AWS curriculum, Cloud Computing Architecture, to students in 2018.
Develop technical expertise in cloud computing architecture using Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS is a secure cloud services platform that is used in almost 200 countries. With infrastructure services inclusive of computing power, storage options, networking and databases, it offers flexibility, scalability, and reliability useful to building sophisticated applications. This course will give students an understanding of business and technical tools, and architecting on AWS. It will include practical hands-on experience solving real-world cloud computing problems with AWS. These tools can be useful to managing your business’ IT infrastructure, and an understanding of how this cloud platform can help your company meet compliance, governance, and regulatory requirements.
Topics Will Include
- AWS Cloud
- AWS Platform
- Security and Compliance
- Cloud Financials
- Migrating to the Cloud
- AWS Infrastructure: Compute, Storage, and Networking
- AWS Security, Identity, and Access Management
- AWS Databases
- AWS Management Tools
- AWS Certification Exam Readiness Workshop
- Architecting on AWS
- Designing Your Environment
- Automating and Decoupling Your Infrastructure
- Designing Web-Scale Media Hosting
- Four Pillars of the Well-Architected Framework
- Large-Scale Design Patterns and Case Studies
This online course is taught through e-learning utilizing AWS certified curriculum. The instructor will provide participants with additional resources and guidance in the online environment throughout the course. There will also be hands-on labs and project work.
Students will receive an electronic student kit that includes course manuals, access to labs, and knowledge assessments. Additionally, a AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification practice exam and a 50% discount voucher for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification exam will be provided to students that successfully complete all elements of the curriculum (labs, assessments, project).
Students must bring their own laptop to each course.
Undergraduate, Graduate or Professional students seeking cloud computing expertise.
A strong foundation in multiple computing, software development, and IT concepts and skills.
Accreditations and Certifications
- UC San Diego Extension is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Academy.
- Instructors have completed the AWS Academy Instructor Accreditation process and are AWS Academy Accredited Instructors.
- This course can also be used to prepare for the AWS Solutions Architect - Associate certification exam.
Students that have taken this course may be interested in courses in
For more information about this course, please contact the program manager at Infotech@ucsd.edu.