Businesses today need to turn data into actionable consumer insights that can drive marketing and business decisions. Students will learn how to distinguish between findings, insights, and rich insights. They will also learn how to turn the insights into recommendations for the management team using data visualization and storytelling. The focus of this course will be on identifying consumer insights using a variety of methodologies, including: qualitative research, ethnography, quantitative research, advanced analytics/multivariate statistical modeling, artificial intelligence, neuromarketing, design thinking, and behavioral economics. Presentations by industry experts will enhance the student learning experience in this class as will class assignments that focus on real-life business challenges for an industry client.
The course is intended for those who have some understanding of marketing research and who desire to understand how they can use research and other methodologies to gain unique insights into their customers, so they can develop and optimize products, services, and brands that are differentiated from the competition.
- Learn to differentiate between a finding, an insights, and a rich insights, as well as understand why the distinction is important
- Identify a range of different methodologies that can be used to gain unique insights into customers, to help develop and optimize products, services, and brands that are differentiated from the competition
- Describe different methodologies that can be used to generate actionable consumer insights
- Identify the best methodology or combination of methodologies for the business challenge at hand
- Understand the importance of data visualization and storytelling in the communication of consumer insights
Course Number: BUSA-40936
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Marketing