Copyediting for Fiction (WCWP-40336)
6 Weeks | $395 | Online
As a fiction copyeditor, you will be expected to guide the author through a full edit of the manuscript, including working with sentence structure, word choice, consistency, plot holes, timelines, and point of view. In addition, you’ll often be asked by authors to guide them through the publishing process after editing is done. In this course, you’ll learn how to execute a copyedit of fiction and maintain a style sheet, all while building and maintaining a collegial relationship with the author.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and edit punctuation in fiction
- Tell the difference between internal vs. external dialogue and how to edit for both
- Handle issues with timelines, plot, and setting
- Recognize competing points of view and how to best edit them
- Create and maintain style sheets
- Politely and appropriately query the author
- Consider other related services as part of an editing package
Quarters Offered: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall | Online
Requirements: Microsoft Word (PC or Mac) and internet access. Latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Note: This online course is not self-paced. There are assignments and readings with weekly due dates.
Course Number: WCWP-40336
Credit: 2.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Copyediting
+ Expand All
9/20/2021 - 10/30/2021