Copyediting for Fiction (WCWP-40336)
6 Weeks | $395 | Online
As a fiction copyeditor, you will be expected to guide the author through a full edit of the manuscript, including working with sentence structure, word choice, consistency, plot holes, timelines, and point of view—all while maintaining the author’s voice. In addition, you’ll often be asked by authors to guide them through the publishing process after editing is done. In this course, you’ll learn how to execute a copyedit of fiction and maintain a style sheet, all while building and maintaining a collegial relationship with the author.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and edit punctuation in fiction
- Work with an author on appropriate dialogue
- Handle issues with timelines, plot, and setting
- Point out and fix competing points of view
- Make and maintain style sheets
- Maintain the author's voice
- Politely and appropriately query the author
Quarters Offered: Starting SU21 classes will be offered Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall | Online
Requirements: Microsoft Word (PC or Mac) and internet access. Latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Note: This online course is not self-paced. There are assignments and readings with weekly due dates.
Course Number: WCWP-40336
Credit: 2.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Copyediting