Relax and Explore Crafts of Different Cultures
Feeling the effects of too much schoolwork or screen time? Join us to relax and unwind by exploring and creating crafts projects from different cultures.
We will take a look at the roles that crafts have played throughout history and in various cultures. We will also discuss the purposes of crafts in the modern world, including relaxation, artistic expression and communication. Then students will learn techniques and practice skills needed for various crafts. They will take on independent projects using fibers, textiles and mixed media. The class will help students develop fine tactile skills and discover leisure activities that can help them reduce stress for years to come.
What You Will Learn
Return to the Sally Ride Science Junior Academy website here.
- Examine crafts throughout history and in various cultures
- Discuss the purposes of crafts
- Investigate the different types of crafts
- Complete a project using fibers and textiles
- Complete a project using mixed media
- Identify their favorite crafts and find sources to help them develop further craft skills
Course Number: ART-90057
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/6/2020 - 7/10/2020