Data Structures and Algorithms in C/C++
Gain an understanding of fundamental algorithms and data structures. Learn to write code that scales well with large data sets and how to identify hidden performance bottlenecks. The topics covered apply to all programming languages and software development domains. Participants will learn the fundamentals needed to answer algorithm and data structures questions commonly asked of job candidates in programming interviews.
- Performance Analysis of Algorithms
- Dynamic Memory Allocation
- Data Abstraction and Time-Space Trade Offs
- Mutual Improvements
- Write code that scales well in real-world situations by selecting appropriate data structures and algorithms
- Identify and resolve bottlenecks to correct performance issues in existing software
- Obtain foundational knowledge necessary to learn standard libraries across all programming languages
- Prepare students to respond appropriately to algorithm questions commonly asked in job interviews
- Acquire the ability to develop object-oriented solutions using the C programming language
- Apply advanced C programming techniques including generics with void pointers and callbacks using function pointers
Hardware: Must have access to a standard C/C++ compiler.
Course Typically Offered: Winter and Summer
Prerequisite: CSE-40476 C/C++ Programming II: Dynamic Memory and File I/O Concepts or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Next Step: Upon completion of this course, consider taking courses in our Embedded Computer Engineering program.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: CSE-40049
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
6/25/2019 - 9/7/2019