An essential part of most .NET applications, especially line of business software, is the ability to interact with relational databases.
Two principal frameworks that are available to .NET developers: ADO.NET and Entity Framework will be introduced in this course. The first is a set of classes that allow database programming at a low level, while the latter is a fully-featured Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) framework. Participants will obtain practical knowledge on data manipulation in those frameworks while reviewing T-SQL language and discussing the data binding in various .NET UI architectures (ASP .NET and WPF).
Developers with working knowledge of .NET Framework, C# and basic understanding of SQL language will also benefit from this course.
- Relational Databases review and basics of SQL
- Query-based database programming with ADO.NET
- Object-oriented database programming with Entity Framework
- Data binding in Windows and Web applications
- Understand the relation between relational databases and .NET applications
- Ability to retrieve data from queries or stored procedures and display them with Windows Presentation Foundation Graphics
- Add, modify, and delete data from any .NET application
- Build visual models that auto-generate data access code
- Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise recommended. While Windows 10 Home will work for C# I, the more advanced C# courses will require Pro or higher.
- Visual Studio Community Edition 2017 or later which is freely available on Microsoft's website: https://www.visualstudio.com/
- Intel/AMD multi-core processor (i3 or better processor)
- 8GB RAM minimum, 16GB preferred
- 50GB free hard drive space for Visual Studio and project files
Course Typically Offered: Online during Winter and Summer quarter
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of Visual Studio, basic understanding of relational databases and SQL language.
Next steps: Upon completion of this course, consider taking other courses in the C# Programming Certificate.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about C# Programming and course offerings.
Course Number: CSE-41197
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: C# Programming, Database Management
+ Expand All
1/11/2022 - 3/12/2022