UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your educational goals. In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have transitioned many of our courses to an online or live online format. Live Online classes are fully online with live virtual class meetings each week using our Zoom conferencing system. Online classes will have pre-recorded lectures each week and guided assignments from the instructor. We will resume in-person classes when it is deemed safe to do so.
The Specialized Certificate in Digital Marketing gives students the training needed to become a skilled professional in the marketing field. This program is designed to provide practical knowledge in digital, content, social, mobile, and data-driven marketing, enabling participants to meet the digital marketing challenges of businesses and organizations. Gain a comprehensive understanding of the digital marketing ecosystem and the core channels within it. Students use a range of tools and resources to gain a proficiency in campaign development, analytics and reporting, content creation, and digital strategy for a variety of industries and platforms. Students will learn how to incorporate web analytics data to shape future digital plans.
Live Online & Online
*Options vary by quarter.
*Cost may vary due to elective course selection.
6 to 12 Months*
*Varies by student and courses taken per quarter.
- Understand the digital marketing ecosystem and the various channels with in it
- Learn how to create an effective digital marketing strategy
- Know how to create and sustain digital marketing campaigns
- Be able to create engaging and effective content for various online marketing channels
- Know how to use SEM tools to drive more traffic to your website
- Understand how to use social media platforms, blogging, video, email marketing, and other digital tools
- Gain insight on how to use tools and approaches to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals looking for an entry-level job in marketing
- Marketing professionals seeking new skills or advancement
- Mid-level marketing professionals seeking to modernize their skill set
- Business professionals or non-profit employees handling the marketing function for their organization
- Number of courses: Three required courses and 2 elective courses
- Total units: 14
- Estimated cost: Total cost is $3,289.00
- Time to Complete: Can be completed in one year or less
- Delivery: All required coursework is offered both online and in-class
Traditional in-person class meetings at one of our campus locations with access to our online learning portal, "Canvas." Classes typically meet one evening a week, so working professionals can attend without having to take time off from work. Schedules can vary, so be sure to check the schedule before enrolling. Click on the “In-class” section below to view location, dates, and times.
Fully online instructor-led training using live virtual class meetings via Zoom conferencing system. Click on the “Live Online” section below to view details of the online meeting times and instructor information.
Fully online Instructor-led training on your schedule with no set meeting times. Lectures are pre-recorded and your instructor will set weekly discussion topics to help you engage with the content and share meaningful experiences. Click on the “Online” section below to view course details.
Note: Not all formats may be available every quarter.
For more information: Maurice Nelson at 858-246-5837 or MktgProgram@ucsd.edu
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program