Distributed and service-based programming techniques are critical in an ever-connected world.
Learn to leverage the .NET Framework to design and develop Internet-enabled applications that can communicate with all forms of devices from workstations and servers to tablets and phones. With WCF you can quickly create web services using the latest WS* specifications and SOAP. The Web API leverages HTTP to create robust RESTful services, popular for cross-platform compatibility.
- Design, configure, deploy and consume WCF services and use them to create and consume Data services for the web
- Design, configure, deploy and consume RESTful applications using the Web API
- Advanced security techniques including OAuth and federated security
- Cloud deployment using WCF and the Web API with Azure
- Gain a fundamental understanding of distributed programming architecture and n-tier deployment
- Learn how to create efficient server-side applications that provide universal functionality and data to modern programs and apps
- Develop client-side applications that can leverage servers using multiple protocols
- Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise recommended. While Windows 10 Home will work for C# I, the more advanced C# courses will require Pro or higher.
- Visual Studio Community Edition 2017 or later which is freely available on Microsoft's website: https://www.visualstudio.com/
- Intel/AMD multi-core processor (i3 or better processor)
- 8GB RAM minimum, 16GB preferred
- 50GB free hard drive space for Visual Studio and project files
Course Typically Offered: Online during Winter and Summer quarter
Prerequisites: Recommended "C# Programming I: Fundamentals of C#" and "C# Programming II: Object-Oriented Programming".
Next steps: Upon completion of this course, consider taking consider taking other courses in the C# Programming Certificate.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about C# Programming and course offerings.
Course Number: CSE-41196
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)