Distributed and service-based programming techniques are critical in an ever-connected world. Learn to leverage the .NET Framework to design and develop Internet-enabled applications that can communicate with all forms of devices from workstations and servers to tablets and phones. With WCF you can quickly create web services using the latest WS* specifications and SOAP. The Web API leverages HTTP to create robust RESTful services, popular for cross-platform compatibility.
- Design, configure, deploy and consume WCF services and use them to create and consume Data services for the web
- Design, configure, deploy and consume RESTful applications using the Web API
- Advanced security techniques including OAuth and federated security
- Cloud deployment using WCF and the Web API with Azure
- Gain a fundamental understanding of distributed programming architecture and n-tier deployment
- Learn how to create efficient server-side applications that provide universal functionality and data to modern programs and apps
- Develop client-side applications that can leverage servers using multiple protocols
Software: Students will use Visual Studio Community Edition 2015 or later which is freely available on Microsoft's website: https://www.visualstudio.com/
Note: C#I required, C#II recommended.
Course Number: CSE-41196
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: C# Programming