During this trying time, UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your goals. In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have moved this summer’s Sally Ride Science Junior Academy workshops online. These online STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) workshops for students entering 4th-12th grade will be conducted through virtual class meetings using the Zoom conferencing system and the learning platform Canvas.
Discover Your Passion and Purpose
Time and attention are limited resources. Learn to cut through the noise and create space for reflection, curiosity and self-exploration as you rediscover what you want from life.
In today’s attention economy, we seem to be doing more but achieving less. Everyone and everything are vying for our attention and making us feel busier than ever before. How we spend our time and where we focus our attention are choices we make every day, often without realizing it. Students in this class will gain an understanding of the attention economy and the factors that contribute to it. They will also develop techniques to maintain free time in each day. The class will help students clarify their values and figure out how to live in alignment with those values.
What You Will Learn
Return to the Sally Ride Science Junior Academy website here.
- Learn what the attention economy is and recognize the factors that contribute to it
- Develop skills to create and maintain free time in your day
- Explore the usefulness of mindfulness to live more intentionally
- Clarify what their values are and consider how to live in alignment with them
- Gain an understanding of the difference between internal and external motivation
Course Number: PSYC-90003
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/20/2020 - 7/24/2020