Learn 3D Modeling with CATIA V5
CATIA software is a powerful 3D modeling tool to design, simulate, analyze and manufacture everyday life products. This Computer-Aided Design (CAD) program supports precise solid modeling, advanced surface modeling, and detailed analysis and simulation of a 3D model in its operating environment. It is a Cross-Discipline Development platform used in a variety of industries including Aerospace, Automotive, consumer goods, and industrial machinery.
Participants in this course will learn the techniques to convert an idea into a real 3D CAD model design. Students will obtain practical experience with CATIA V5 complex tools for surfacing and assembly design. They will practice designing parts which can be used in prototyping, 3D Printing, and machining.
Students will obtain the skills essential for an entry level CAD drafting position where turning 2D Drawings into 3D Models is valuable.
- Introduction to Computer Aided Design
- Scope of CAD in the world and history
- Creating a 2D Drawing/Design
- Creating a 3D Model from the 2D Drawing/Design
- Sketch Design and Constraint Tools
- Part Design and Generative Shape Design Workbench
- Assembly Design workbench
- Understand the scope, application and differences between CAD platforms.
- Create simple and complex part designs leveraging CATIA V5
- Experience with creating a 2D Technical Drawing that is representative of 3D Designs
- Build a portfolio of parts using CATIA V5
- Ability to select the proper CAD systems for a given project.
Software: CATIA V5 Student Edition (Cost $110.70; CATIA often runs a promo for free access)
Hardware (minimum requirement):
Microsoft Windows 7, or Windows 10 (64-bit) Multi-Core 64-Bit Processor (i5 or similar)
Dedicated Graphics Card Recommended.
4GB of RAM Minimum (8GB Recommended)
10GB Free Hard Disk Space.
Course Typically Offered: Online during Winter and Summer quarters
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of computer operations
Next steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other courses in the Additive Manufacturing Certificate.
More information: Contact email@example.com to learn more about Additive Manufacturing and course offerings.
Course Number: MAE-40042
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Additive Manufacturing
+ Expand All
6/29/2021 - 8/24/2021