UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your goals. In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have transitioned all of our courses to an online or hybrid format. Online classes (asynchronous) will have pre-recorded lectures each week and guided assignments from the instructor. Hybrid classes are fully online with live (synchronous) virtual class meetings each week using the Zoom conferencing system.
The Professional Certificate in Fundraising and Development has been newly realigned for the Spring 2021 quarter.
Changes to the certificate curriculum have been made to best prepare you for a successful career in philanthropy. An emphasis on strengthening relationship-building skills pairs with foundational knowledge in a wide range of fundraising methods - from annual giving and capital campaigns to grant writing and corporate partnerships. Discover best practices in how to efficiently apply varied fundraising methods, marketing tools and technology. Experts help you to discern which methods best fit your needs, how to focus your resources, and then practically apply the appropriate tools.
In-Class & Online
*Online options vary per quarter.
*Cost may vary due to elective course selection.
*Varies by student and courses taken per quarter.
Network with accomplished San Diego fundraising executives and build relationships that will positively impact your career and organization. Gain exposure to model programs and professionals through frequent guest speakers. With the ability to tailor your learning by selecting from a range of electives and specializations, you can ensure you master skills to meet the specific needs of your organization.
- Build a strong foundation in communication and relationship-building skills
- Gain a working knowledge of fundraising methods
- Learn practical strategies and emerging trends for developing an annual giving program
- Discover how to develop relationships with your donors and increase support for your organization
- Develop practical skills which can be immediately utilized and applied to work environments
- Build a new career in Fundraising and Development or advance in your current role
- Networking opportunities with peers and instructors
- Number of courses: five required courses and four units elective courses
- Total units: 17
- Estimated cost: Total cost is $3,490
- Time to Complete: Can be completed in approximately 1.5 years
- Delivery: All required coursework is offered both online and in-class
For more information: Nenuca Cariaga at FRDevProgram@ucsd.edu or 858-822-5947
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program