UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your goals. In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have transitioned all of our courses to an online or hybrid format. Online classes (asynchronous) will have pre-recorded lectures each week and guided assignments from the instructor. Hybrid classes are fully online with live (synchronous) virtual class meetings each week using the Zoom conferencing system.
UC San Diego Extension’s Professional Certificate in Fundraising and Development is designed to expose you to a wide range of fundraising methods—from planned giving and capital campaigns to grant writing and donor stewardship. Explore marketing and business management tools, and learn about the latest web and media technology available. Discover best practices in how to efficiently apply varied fundraising methods, marketing tools and technology. Experts help you to discern which methods best fit your needs, how to focus your resources, and then practically apply the appropriate tools.
In-Class & Online
*Online options might be available for some courses.
*Cost may vary due to elective course selection.
*Varies by student and courses taken per quarter.
Network with accomplished San Diego fundraising executives and build relationships that will positively impact your career and organization. Gain exposure to model programs and professionals through frequent guest speakers. With the ability to tailor your learning by selecting from a broad range of electives, you can ensure you master skills to meet the specific needs of your organization.
- Gain a working knowledge of fundraising methods
- Learn practical strategies and emerging trends for developing an annual giving program
- Discover how to develop relationships with your donors and increase support for your organization
- Develop practical skills which can be immediately utilized and applied to work environments
- Build a new career in Fundraising and Development or advance in your current role
- Networking opportunities with peers and instructors
- Number of courses: five required courses and four units elective courses
- Total units: 18
- Estimated cost: Total cost is $3,460
- Time to Complete: Can be completed in approximately 1.5 years
- Delivery: All required coursework is offered both online and in-class
For more information: Nenuca Cariaga at FRDevProgram@ucsd.edu or 858-822-5947
Note: Due to administrative purposes, a new course number has been created for the Grant Writing for Nonprofits course. The course number has changed from BUSA-40463 to BUSA-40957. This change will take effect in Fall 2019. Students may enroll here: BUSA-40957 Grant Writing for Nonprofits.
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program