This college level biology course is designed to provide an introduction to fundamental concepts of molecular and cellular biology. The course also includes a laboratory component that introduces the student to basic techniques and procedures used by biologists and reinforces the concepts presented in the weekly lectures. The student will receive training in data analysis, scientific reasoning, and scientific writing.
- The chemical foundations of life
- The importance of water in supporting life
- Prokaryotes and eukaryotes
- Cellular conversion of nutrients into usable energy
- Relationship between genotype and phenotype
- Practical applications of biotechnology
- Spotlight on human form and function.
This course is appropriate for students interested in a refresher biology class, professionals in other disciplines considering a career change to the biological sciences, and pre-health professionals.
Note on Lab: This course include a hands on laboratory involving multi-day experiments that the student performs at home. Except for a few household items, all the materials are included in the purchased kit from HOL Sciences.
To order labpaq for Fall 2020 please use this link:
Please note that due to COVID-19, HOL is experiencing a delay in processing orders. Please order your kits ASAP.
Course Number: BIOL-40348
Credit: 6.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
9/21/2020 - 12/7/2020
1/4/2021 - 3/22/2021