UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your educational goals. In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have transitioned many of our courses to an online or live online format. Live Online classes are fully online with live virtual class meetings each week using our Zoom conferencing system. Online classes will have pre-recorded lectures each week and guided assignments from the instructor. We will resume in-person classes when it is deemed safe to do so.
Master the Application of Graphic and Web Design to Advance or Enhance your Career Development
Accelerate your career when you take on this one-year Graphic & Web Design Certificate program where you’ll learn how to apply graphic and web design methodologies to a variety of mediums. From branding and corporate identity to advertising campaign development, digital illustration and photography, Adobe software training, web design, HTML and CSS coding, to user interface design and content management systems such as WordPress—you’ll have the opportunity to focus on all mediums of the design world. In this program, you will also collaborate with industry professionals and real-world clients to gain an advanced understanding of essential graphic and web design software and hardware. The program also focuses on professional development, branding, and business aspects of graphic and web design. As part of the program, you will complete a comprehensive portfolio.
3 nights a week, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, 5:30-9:30pm.
What You Will Learn:
- How to evaluate audience response, determine appropriate aesthetic sensibilities, identify effective spatial relationships, and explore color theory, typography, and effective page layout concepts.
- An intense overview of website planning, where you will explore techniques of effective design and layout.
- How to create web graphics, optimize them for website usage, and build your first websites using current web tools and best practices.
- Develop and refine your portfolio websites by demonstrating thoughtful, integrated media presentations and intuitive design and navigation structures.
- Comprehensive training in industry-standard software and hardware.
- Project-based learning in a realistic production environment.
- Own and be trained on all of your own industry-preferred hardware and software (Mac platform, Canon DSLR, Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Internship opportunities for qualified students (limited)
This Program Is Designed For:
- Creative individuals who desire to advance their career in web or graphic design.
- Designers looking to uplevel their skillsets.
- Professionals looking to expand their knowledge in digital, graphics and web design.
For further information about the program, please enroll in the online on-demand Graphic and Web Design Program Information Session or attend one of our regularly scheduled in-person Information Sessions to meet program representatives. Questions about our classes or certificates? Contact our department at 858-534-5760 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program