Human System Integration (HSI) is the professional discipline
that brings the human component into systems acquisition and design. Fundamentally, HSI ensures that systems are useful and relevant to the mission tasks or business processes, as well as usable by the operator in the real world environment. This course gives you the knowledge and skills of HSI’s seven domains and the integration of these domains with systems engineering processes, resulting in the proper management and coordination of HSI in an acquisition program. HSI participation begins with defining requirements and preparing the Request for Proposals (RFP) that include HSI Planning and its execution. The requirement for HSI involvement throughout the acquisition program includes Follow-on Operation Test and Evaluation (FOT&E) and life-cycle support.
There is a bright outlook for Human Factors Engineerings and those who understand its application. The professional is projected to grow at a rate of 7% or higher over the period of 2018-2028. Forecasters are predicting job openings of 100,000 or more for the same period.* While this course alone will not qualify you as an HSI proefssional, it can put you on that path and will equip you with the knowledge to support this growing profession while making you a more knowledgable system engineer.
*O*Net Summary Report: Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
- Explore the significant cost benefit to HSI, especially when applied early
- Participate in optional enrichment discussions scheduled weelky via converence calls with the instructor and affiliated professionals
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Explain the application of the domains of HSI and their integration into systems engineering
- Develop HSI knowledge and skill while exploring their application to real-word cases
- Acquire the ability to properly manage and coordinate HSI in both an acquisition program and systems design
- Engage in knowledgeable discussions with HSI engineers and program managers regarding HSI value
- Familiarality with the tools and applications used by HSI professionals
- Execute the principles crucial to effective HSI
- Recognize common HSI issues in the acquisition process
- Differentiate the acquisition process for government and commerical entities
Course Typically Offered: Online in Winter and Summer
Next Step: After completing this course, consider taking other courses in the Systems Engineering certificate program to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please email email@example.com.
Course Number: CSE-40996
Credit: 4.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Systems Engineering
+ Expand All
1/7/2020 - 3/14/2020