Covering the basics of Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Direct Digital Controls (DDC), this course enables students to understand the fundamentals of HVAC DDC systems design. The course emphasizes critical “Do’s and Don’ts” and accepted rule-of-thumb checks in the design of HVAC controls.
Broken into the following four major categories, this course provides a sound foundation for understanding DDC system design: 1) The Six Steps of HVAC DDC System Design; 2) DDC Controller; 3) Basics of HVAC Controls; and 4) Building Automation, LEED, and Commissioning.
- The Six Steps of HVAC DDC System Design
- HVAC DDC Components such as Flow Meters, Temperature, Humidity, and Pressure Sensors
- DDC Controllers, Smart Sensors, and Actuators
- Application Specific Controllers
- The Most Commonly used HVAC Control Systems
- DDC Signals
- System Schematics
- Control Point Designations
- Point List
- DDC System Architecture
- Distinguish between a Digital Output, Digital Input, Analog Input, and Analog Output.
- Learn the systematic process of designing HVAC DDC systems.
- Discern between Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems.
- Discover the three most commonly used wireless technologies for building automation systems.
- Identify the basic characteristics of the five types of the most commonly used HVAC control systems.
- Examine the advantages of Proportional Plus Integral and Proportional Plus Integral Plus Derivative control actions.
- Review methods to use the building automation system as a tool for commissioning as well as LEED measurement and verification.
The Fundamentals of HVAC Direct Digital Controls, Third Edition (ISBN-13: 978-0970447135) | Purchase at: http://www.hvacddc.com/
- ASHRAE 2016 Handbook - HVAC Systems and Equipment (ISBN-13: 978-1939200273)
- 2015 ASHRAE Handbook -- HVAC Applications (ISBN-13: 978-1936504930)
Students should have a desire to learn concepts in heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC).
Upon completion of this course, consider taking HVAC DDC System Design
, HVAC Design Calculations
, HVAC DDC Networking Design
, HVAC Systems Design
, or courses in the HVAC Systems Design and Control
For more information about this course, please contact the program manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (858) 534-9152
Course Number: AMES-40170
Credit: 2.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: HVAC Systems Design and Control
+ Expand All
7/17/2018 - 8/18/2018