This advanced course focuses on the latest available technology and practical scenarios of communication and networking between DDC controllers and DDC systems. The course also addresses common questions such as: How to upgrade existing Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) DDC systems? What are the advantages and disadvantages of open systems? How to integrate various building automation systems?
This short but powerful course for HVAC DDC Networking Design is structured to enable students to better design and understand HVAC DDC systems. The course focuses on practical scenarios of communication and networking between DDC controllers and DDC systems. The instruction also emphasizes critical Do’s and Don’ts, as well as accepted rule-of-thumb checks in HVAC DDC.
- HVAC DDC System Architecture
- Open System Interconnection Model
- HVAC DDC Topologies and Protocols
- ASHRAE BACnet
- Gateways to Closed Systems
- Open Systems and Tridium Solution
- Web Services and the Tridium Solution
- Four Levels of Energy Dashboards
- DDC Wireless Technology
- Learn the seven layers of Open System International (OSI) models.
- Identify the four most commonly used topologies in HVAC DDC.
- Discern between the two most commonly used network access methods.
- Discover how BACnet benefits Owners.
- Distinguish between LAN technologies for DDC.
- Review the concept behind web services.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of the Tridium Solution.
- Uncover the benefits of energy dashboards for large campuses.
The Fundamentals of HVAC Direct Digital Controls, Third Edition (ISBN-13: 978-0970447135) | Purchase at: http://www.hvacddc.com/
- ASHRAE 2016 Handbook - HVAC Systems and Equipment (ISBN-13: 978-1939200273)
- 2015 ASHRAE Handbook -- HVAC Applications (ISBN-13: 978-1936504930)
Students should have a desire to learn concepts in heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC).
Upon completion of this course, consider taking HVAC DDC Basics
, HVAC DDC System Design
, HVAC Design Calculations
, HVAC Systems Design
, or courses in the HVAC Systems Design and Control
For more information about this course, please contact the program manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (858) 534-9152
Course Number: AMES-40139
Credit: 1.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: HVAC Systems Design and Control