This course reviews the advantages and disadvantages of the latest energy efficient HVAC systems including variable air volume, chilled beam, positive displacement, ventilation, variable refrigerant flow, natural ventilation, and hybrid natural ventilation.
Broken into the following major categories, this course is focused on reviewing the most advanced HVAC technologies and solutions that save installation, energy, and operational costs: 1) HVAC Systems; 2) Fans; 3) Air Distribution and Zoning; 4) Pumps; 5) HVAC Coils; and 6) Chiller and Boiler Selection. Each course starts with the fundamentals followed by practical application, real life examples, and the most common design solutions. An optional field trip is included.
- HVAC Systems
- Innovative HVAC Solutions for Smart Buildings
- Air Distribution Systems
- Fan Curves and Fan Selection
- Piping Design, Pump Curves and Pump Selection
- Coil Selection and Characteristics
- HVAC Zoning
- Indoor Air Quality
- Chiller and Boiler Selection
- Learn the advantages and disadvantages of various types of HVAC systems.
- Learn about chilled water and hot water piping and pumping design.
- Learn to design basic HVAC systems.
- Learn the advantages and disadvantages of HVAC chillers.
- Lead the process of HVAC system design.
The course is recommended for anyone involved with HVAC systems, including HVAC designers and engineers, building and hospital engineers, and recent graduate engineers.
Students should have a desire to learn concepts in heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC). Two years HVAC-related experience or associate degree in an engineering field preferred, but not required.
Upon completion of this course, consider taking HVAC DDC Basics
, HVAC DDC System Design
, HVAC Design Calculations
, HVAC DDC Networking Design
, or courses in the HVAC Systems Design and Control
For more information about this course, please contact the program manager at email@example.com
or (858) 534-9351
- COURSE NUMBER AMES-40021
- CREDIT 3.00 unit(s)
Popular in Facilities Engineering and Management
Real Estate Property Management
Principles of Facilities Management
Facilities Engineering and Management
HVAC Systems Design and Control
Emergency Preparedness for Healthcare Facilities
Facilities Operations & Maintenance