This two-day series provides participants with the skills and knowledge needed to manage stormwater permitting and compliance at their industrial facility. This is a two day event where participants can choose one or both days depending on training needs.
Day One: Pre-Workshop Seminar
Orientation to the Industrial Storm Water General Permit (IGP) 2014-0057-DWQ. Gain an introduction to stormwater management under California's Industrial Stormwater Permit. Learn how the Permit applies to you and strategies businesses can implement to minimize permit impact. During day one, participants will receive hands-on training focused on:
- Minimum and Advanced BMPs
- Understanding your Receiving Waters (HUC-10)
- Discharge Prohibitions and Numeric Action Levels (NALs)
- Sampling Selection and Collection Techniques
- Reporting in SMARTS
- Level 1 Exceedance Response Action (ERA) Plans
Participants will attend a field trip and work through a case study at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography. Transportation provided during the second half of the day.
Day Two: Advanced Workshop
The advanced workshop is tailored to students who have attended the orientation seminar or who have a basic understanding of the IGP. Day 2 will focus on:
- Upcoming Amendments to the IGP such as TMDLs, Alternative Compliance Programs & Sufficiently Sensitive Test Methods
- Common Sample Selection, Collection, and Reporting Issues
- Level 2 ERA Action Plans and Technical Reports
- Legal Perspectives and Case Studies
- SWRCB Perspective - looking forward and things to come
The next offering of this workshop will be early 2020, offical dates and times will be available shortly.
Note: Course fee includes materials, instruction by CASQA certified Trainers of Record (ToRs), lunch, refreshments, transportation to Scripps Institution of Oceanography and a Certificate of Completion.
Scholarships are available for owners and employees of small businesses affected by the stormwater permit. For more information, please contact Fiona O'Donnell-Lawson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Course Number: BIOL-80002
Credit: 0.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: CEQA Practice