Use HTML and CSS to Design Business or Personal Websites
Knowing how to design an effective website is a valuable skill for careers and for personal projects. Learn to use HTML, CSS and website design best practices to create effective business and personal websites.
In this intermediate-level class, we will focus on front-end web development. Students will design a website for a business, a personal blog, a charity or some other purpose. They will use HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, GitHub and a text editor to code a website that will attract their target audience and incorporate different design elements. Students will learn basic HTML, CSS and website design concepts and identify how color, font and layout can be used for specific purposes in different kinds of websites. For their final project, they will create a live website hosted by GitHub on a topic of their choice. This course is designed for students who have some experience with website design and coding.
What You Will Learn
Use HTML, CSS and website design concepts to create effective business and personal websites.
Return to the Sally Ride Science Junior Academy website here.
- Get an overview of best practices in website design.
- Learn how to use a text editor and GitHub Pages.
- Learn basics of how to use HTML and CSS to code a website.
- Get an introduction to the open-source CSS framework Bootstrap.
- Explore more advanced features of HTML and CSS.
- Learn how color, font and layout can be used for specific purposes in business and personal websites.
- Create an effective website design using HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, GitHub and a text editor.
Note: In response to COVID-19 health guidelines, we have restructured our in-person Junior Academy workshops as
online courses. Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Course Number: CSE-90052
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)
+ Expand All
7/12/2021 - 7/16/2021
8/2/2021 - 8/6/2021