Use Blender for 3D Modeling and Printing
Do you want to learn to print 3D objects? Create 3D models? Design video games? Get an introduction to Blender, an open-source 3D modeling and graphics program that lets you do all these things.
Students will learn to set up Blender and will get familiar with basic concepts of 3D modeling and transformation of digital objects. Then they will find out how to use Blender for computer-aided design (CAD) projects such as 3D printing, tool making and architectural modeling. Students will also try out using Blender for environmental design in a video game. Projects will include creating a chess set or board game in a digital and physical environment. After completing the course, students will have a solid basis to move on to more advanced studies in 3D printing and modeling.
What You Will Learn
Get an introduction to 3D printing, 3D modeling and game design with the powerful open-source program Blender.
Return to the Sally Ride Science Junior Academy website here.
- Learn how to set up Blender for 3D modeling.
- Understand basic concepts of 3D modeling and transformation of digital objects.
- Become familiar with basic concepts of game design.
- Practice creating chess pieces in a physical and digital environment.
- Learn how to use Blender for computer-aided design projects.
- Learn how to use Blender for environmental design and simulations.
Note: Upon successful enrollment of a section, students will receive a confirmation email from our Student Services team. This email will include a link to an authorization form that is required to be completed within 72-hours of enrollment.
In response to COVID-19 health guidelines, we have restructured our in-person Junior Academy workshops as online courses. Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Course Number: CSE-90051
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)