Introduction to Programming Using Java
Learning how to program can be the first step towards a lucrative and challenging career. Aimed at first time programmers, this course will help you leap onto that path by exploring fundamental concepts of the highly popular Java programming language.
The goal of this course is to familiarize students with fundamental statements and teach them how to write simple programs but also prepare them for more rigorous programming courses.
- Programming essentials including branching, repetition, data structure, algorithms, and data modeling
- The rules and syntax of the Java Programming language, including objects, methods, and inheritance
- Object-oriented programming concepts
- Testable Code
- Writing, running, debugging, and modifying programs
- Understanding and developing algorithms
Optional Reading: "Head First Java" by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates ISBN-13: 978-0596008205
Course Typically Offered: Online - Every Quarter
Prerequisites: Students must have access to a web-enabled computer, strong problem-solving skills and computer familiarity.
Next steps: Upon completion of this course, consider enrolling in the Java Programming certificate and taking Java Programming I: Fundamental Java Concepts to continue learning.
Contact: For more information about this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: CSE-41242
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: iOS Programming, Java Programming
+ Expand All
1/8/2019 - 3/9/2019
4/9/2019 - 6/8/2019