Introduction to Statistics
Statistics encompasses the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data and provides a framework for thinking about data in a rigorous fashion. Statistics is used in many areas of scientific and social research, is critical to business and manufacturing, and provides the mathematical foundation for machine learning and data mining.
In this course, students will gain a comprehensive introduction to the concepts and techniques of elementary statistics as applied to a wide variety of disciplines. The course emphasizes problem solving, statistical thinking, and results interpretation.
- Descriptive statistics
- Basic probability
- Probability distributions
- Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Sampling distributions
- Confidence intervals
- One and two sample hypothesis testing
- Categorical data analysis
- Organize, summarize, and present data
- Describe the relation between two variables
- Work with sample data to make inferences about a population
Software: Students will need access to Excel or similar spreadsheet software to complete the course assignments.
Course typically offered: Online, quarterly.
More Information: For more information about this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Number: CSE-41069
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
+ Expand All
1/6/2020 - 3/20/2020