Learn Quickly Apple’s Swift programming language
Write applications for iOS (for iPhone and iPad), watchOS, and tvOS using the Swift programming language and Xcode. You will be introduced to the Swift programming language with particular attention to the type system. This course will be an introduction to the basic Swift programming statements as well as the IDE to create a program: Xcode. You will also be introduced to Playgrounds which is a feature of Xcode that allows you to quickly work/learn with programming statements without having to create an entire program.
- Introduction Swift and Playgrounds
- Constants, Variables and Data Types
- Control Flow
- Building, Running and Debugging an App
- Interface Builder Basics
- Classes and Inheritance
- Introduction to UIKit
- Displaying Data
- Controls in Action
- Auto Layout and Stack View
- Learn the basic building blocks of the Swift programming language
- Become familiar with the Xcode IDE to develop Swift programs
- Ability to apply learned skills to implement applications for the Apple environment
Software: Latest version of XCode, available for free download from the MAC app store.
Hardware: Students must have a laptop running Apple Mac OS X, with the latest version of Xcode installed.
Course Typically Offered: Spring and Fall Quarters
Next steps: Upon completion of this course, consider taking iOS Programming I (CSE-41147)
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about iOS Programming Certificate and course offerings
Course Number: CSE-41201
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: iOS Programming