Use Swift To Program iOS Apps
If you want to create apps for the iPhone, iPad or other Apple devices, it’s essential to learn the Swift programming language. Get an introduction to this powerful and intuitive language and use it to code simple iOS apps.
Students will learn the fundamentals of Swift and then develop iOS apps using the Xcode development environment on the Macintosh. They will discover that writing code in Swift is interactive and fun. We will cover topics including functions, data structures, enumerations, classes and closures. Students will also explore object-oriented programming and design of user interfaces for Apple devices. The course provides a good jumping off point for students who want to move on to more advanced programming and app development studies
What You Will Learn
Learn how to use the Swift programming language to code simple apps for iOS devices.
Return to the Sally Ride Science Junior Academy website here.
- Learn the basics of the Swift language.
- Use Swift to create simple apps for Apple devices.
- Practice using control statements, functions and data structures.
- Get an introduction to Xcode, an integrated development environment for macOS.
- Learn about object-oriented programming.
- Learn how to design iOS user interfaces.
In response to COVID-19 health guidelines, we have restructured our in-person Junior Academy workshops as online courses. Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Course Number: CSE-90043
Credit: 1.50 unit(s)
+ Expand All
8/2/2021 - 8/6/2021