Spring Session Begins April 16!
NOTE: Program includes Green & Black Belt. There are no pre-requisites to begin.
Want to know more about Lean Six Sigma?
Join a free Information Session Thursday, August 12, 9:00-10:30am PST. Click 'Learn More' for details and to register.
Powerful Tools. Hands-On Experience. Expert Mentoring.
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) is a set of tools, techniques, and operating principles that represents the best of practices in quality and process improvement, resulting in improved performance and reduced costs. LSS can be applied in any industry and can help to improve any business process. Apply Lean Six Sigma in order to:
- Be Compentive and Save Money
- Improve Quality and Delivery
- Gain Better Customer & Employee Satisfaction
- Become a process improvement leader in five-months and help to transform your organiztion.
- Learn the established LSS body of knowledge and master the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) process.
- Receive one-on-one coaching and mentorship from a Master Black Belt, who will help you to apply the tools and drastically improve a real business process. Save a minimum of $100k via your project (projected annually).
- Earn a Specialized Certificate in (LSS) Black Belt; program curriculum is aligned with the American Society for Quality’s (ASQ’s) Body of Knowledge, providing the education needed to prepare for the Six Sigma Black Belt Certification (CSSBB) exam. Training also covers areas of competency in portions of ASQ's Manager of Quality (CMQ), Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), and Quality Auditor (CQA) certifications.
- Project Managers can earn 90 PDU's through the Project Management Institute (PMI), in order to maintain your PMP certification.
Certificate at a Glance
Duration: 3-5 months
Total Instructional Hours: 90hrs broken down as follows:
- Live Online Instruction: 60 hrs (hosted via Zoom)
- Asynchronous (complete coursework at your own pace): 30+ hrrs of assignments, videos, discussion boards and case studies.
- Live one-on-one project coaching and support with Master Black Belt, provided as needed
Total units: 9.0
Tution: $5,495 (see below for no-interest payment plan application)
Questions? Contact your program advisor:
Angela Miller, Program Manager
Click here to schedule a phone conversation.
The total cost of training is $5,495, and this includes all course materials:
- Computer Software (SPC XL & DOE PRO)
- One-on-one coaching from Master Black Belt Instructor
- Application and Certificate Processing Fee
- Digital access to learning materials
- Project Sign-Off
No-Interest Payment Plan
We know covering the cost of tuition can be challenging. To help you, UC San Diego Extension offers a no-interest payment plan to help break up the cost of this training into more manageable monthly payments.
The first payment is needed to process your registration, and we can then select the recurring payment date (i.e. the 1st or 15th of each month).
To proceed with a payment plan please complete the No-Interest Payment Plan Request Form. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Class or section you’d like to register into
- Full name, address and phone number
- Select recurring payment date: 1st or 15th of each month
After submitting the form, a member of our staff will respond to your request shortly.
Want to learn more? Click here to join our free one-hour information sesion or contact the Program Manager at ProcessPrograms@ucsd.edu.
Note: Admission is limited. Interested students must complete application prior to enrolling in the program. Please apply here.
Course Number: MAE-40004
Credit: 9.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Project Management, Supply Management
+ Expand All
4/16/2021 - 8/20/2021