For updated information and the schedule of upcoming sections, please visit this page.
Get Ready - Fall Program Begins September 10!
NOTE: Program includes Green & Black Belt. There are no pre-requisites to begin.
To learn about the program and ask questions, join a live webinar on Thursday, August 12. Click 'Learn More' to register. Click here to Schedule an Appointment
with the Program Manager.
Powerful Tools. Hands-On Experience. Expert Mentoring.
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) is a set of tools, techniques, and operating principles that represents the best of practices in quality and process improvement, resulting in improved performance and reduced costs. The goal is to evaluate processes and focus on simplifying steps and determining ways to achieve faster outcomes. Ultimately, by identifying variation in our process and defining the expectations of our customers, then we can move toward faster and more accurate processes.
This five-month Certificate program is based on the established DMAIC process (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control). The training is beneficial for participants who have process improvement responsibilities and wish to advance their career, as well as those individuals who are new to the tool set and want to:
- Improve Quality and Delivery
- Be Competitive and Save Money
- Gain Better Customer & Employee Satisfaction
Certificate at a Glance
Duration: 3-5 months
Total units: 9.0
Tution: $5,495; Includes computer software, coaching, and access to all electronic materials.
Delivery Method: This program is a blend of live virtual training sessions and online learning.
In the Fall of 2022, class sessions meet virtually on Friday's, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 PM, PST, between Sept. 10 - Dec. 3 (no class Nov. 19 & 26). Students will present a final project on Dec. 3 or Feb. 11, 2022.
- Are you an LSS Green Belt? Students who have completed Extension's Green Belt course can progress into the Accelerated Lean Six Sigma Black Belt program, which is roughly half the time commitment. If you completed a Green Belt at another Institution, contact ProcessPrograms@ucsd.edu to determine your elegibility.
- The LSS Black Belt Certificate fulfills the elective units in the following certificate programs: Project Managent, Supply Management, and Facilities Management. Take the Black Belt program individually or couple it with one of these programs to fast-track your way to earn two certificates.
No-Interest Payment Plan
Divide the tuition into monthly portions, payable via credit card, by requesting a No-Interest Payment Plan Request Form.
There is NO fee to submit an application for this program.
Contact Angela Miller, Program Manager
📅 Schedule an Appointment or email:
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program