Winter Program Begins January 8!
Program includes Green & Black Belt training. There are no pre-requisites to begin. If you have a Green Belt check out our Accelerated program.
During this trying time UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your goals. In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 we have transitioned into an interactive fully remote format. Training sessions are conducted with live virtual meetings and you will continue to receive top-tier coaching and mentorship on a real project, allowing you to improve a process and achieve a savings of $100k (projected annually).
Additionally, we've extended a no-interest payment plan allowing you to divide the tuition into monthly portions.
Want to know more about Lean Six Sigma Black Belt?
Join us for a free information session on Friday, December 4
from 8:00am-9:00am. Explore the class format, learn about the required project, and meet the lead instructor(s) and program manager to ask questions.This session will be hosted live via Zoom.
*Accepting Applications for the 2021 Winter, Spring and Fall Sessions--Space is limited.
Lean Six Sigma is a set of tools, techniques and operating principles that represents the best of practices in quality and process improvement resulting in improved performance and reduced costs. LSS can be applied in any industry and can help to improve any business process.
- Become a process improvement leader in five-months and help to transform your organiztion.
- Learn the established LSS body of knowledge and master the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) process.
- Receive one-on-one coaching and mentorship from a Master Black Belt, who will help you to apply the tools and drastically improve a real business process. Save a minimum of $100k via your project (projected annually).
- Earn a Specialized Certificate in (LSS) Black Belt; program curriculum is aligned with the American Society for Quality’s (ASQ’s) Body of Knowledge, providing the education needed to prepare for the Six Sigma Black Belt Certification (CSSBB) exam. Training also covers areas of competency in portions of ASQ's Manager of Quality (CMQ), Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), and Quality Auditor (CQA) certifications.
- Project Managers can earn 90 PDU's through the Project Management Institute (PMI), in order to maintain your PMP certification.
Certificate at a Glance
Duration: 3-5 months
Instructional Hours: 90hrs broken down as follows:
- Live Online Instruction: 60 hrs (hosted via Zoom)
- Asynchronous (complete coursework at your own pace): 30+ hrrs of assignments, videos, discussion boards and case studies.
- Live one-on-one project coaching and support with Master Black Belt, provided as needed
Total units: 9.0
Tution: $5,495 (see below for no-interest payment plan application)
Questions: contact ProcessPrograms@ucsd.edu
The total cost of training is $5,495, and this includes all course materials including:
- Computer Software (SPC XL & DOE PRO)
- One-on-one coaching from Master Black Belt Instructor
- Application and Certificate Processing Fee
- Access to all instructional material
- Project Sign-Off
No-Interest Payment Plan
We know covering the cost of tuition can be challenging. To help you, UC San Diego Extension offers a no-interest payment plan to help break up the cost of this training into more manageable monthly payments.
The first payment is needed to process your registration, and we can then select the recurring payment date (i.e. the 1st or 15th of each month).
To proceed with a payment plan please complete the No-Interest Payment Plan Request Form. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Class or section you’d like to register into
- Full name, address and phone number
- Select recurring payment date: 1st or 15th of each month
A member of our staff will respond to your request shortly. There is NO fee to submit an application for this program.
Are you a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt? Check out our in-class and fully online Accelerated Lean Six Sigma Black Belt program. Contact ProcessPrograms@ucsd.edu to determine whether you are elegible to join.
APPLICATION FEE: $
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program