Lean Six Sigma (LSS) provides a systematic method to improve performance and reduce variation in business operations to achieve productivity and profitability gains. Students earn various colors of Belts which indicate their levels of mastery of LSS expertise. A person who has earned the designation of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt often plays a key role in the success of an organization’s process improvement initiatives.
As a member or leader of a high-performing LSS project team, the Green Belt is involved in selecting or defining projects, setting project objectives, data gathering, statistical analysis, and change implementation. To function effectively, Green Belts need to understand and apply the basic LSS concepts, tools and methodologies in a variety of situations. This course is designed to educate those who wish to attain the level of Green Belt.
- Immediately apply the established LSS principles and the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control (DMAIC) methodology to a case study or real-life project.
- Receive guided mentorship from a Master Black Belt and understand how to implement LSS directly into your workplace.
- Program curriculum is also aligned with the American Society for Quality’s (ASQ’s) Body of Knowledge.
- Build your problem-solving muscles utilizing Lean Six Sigma in your organization.
- Project Management Professional's are eligible to earn 45 PDU's through the Project Management Institute (PMI), in order to maintain your PMP certification.
- Graduates of the in-class program are prepared to progress into the seven-session Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Practicum course.
Who Should Attend?
Any team or individual responsible for managing or participating significantly in any business process activities including managers, professionals and line staff in:
- manufacturing and quality engineers
- finance and business administration
- healthcare administration and practitioners
- product design and development
- sales and marketing professionals
- manufacturing or service operations
- supply chain management
- human resources
You can complete the program either in the classroom or fully online. The benefits of the different formats include:
- Network and interact with fellow students over six full-days within a four-month period. Click on the “In Class” section below to view location, dates, and times.
- Receive guided mentorship from a Master Black Belt, and work effectively in teams on a real-life project brought in from your or another students’ organization. Project must result in a projected ROI of $40k.
- Progress into the seven-session Accelerated Lean Six Sigma Black Belt program.
- Instructor-led training on your schedule.
- Webinars and live office hours provide opportunities to collaborate and network with instructors and peers. Enrich your experience with meaningful feedback.
- Weekly discussion board topics provide an additional opportunity to engage with the content and your peers.
- Complete an authentic case study, under the mentorship of a Master Black Belt. Apply the tools and techniques provided by GoLeanSixSigma.com, globally leading experts in LSS.
- In addition to UC San Diego Extension's Award of Completion, you will earn a globally recognized Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification from GoLeanSixSigma.com, and can add a Green Belt to your LinkedIn profile.
Please reach out to ProcessPrograms@ucsd.edu
if you would like to request a no-interest payment plan.
For Information Please Contact:
Angela Miller, Program Manager
Course Number: MAE-40013
Credit: 4.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Business Management, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Project Management, Supply Management, Sustainable Business Practices
+ Expand All
9/21/2018 - 2/1/2019
10/1/2018 - 12/14/2018
10/5/2018 - 2/1/2019
Excel To HTML using codebeautify.org
Thank you for your interest in our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt class. This section is full.
To join the wait list* for this section, please call:
(858) 534-3400 (select Option 7)
*Wait list requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Should an opening occur, a UC San Diego Extension representative will call to process your enrollment.