During this trying time, UC San Diego Extension remains committed to helping you achieve your educatioanl goals. In an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, our Winter courses will be offered in a fully remote format. You can select between self-paced online courses, or Live Online training (hosted via Zoom).
Master Black Belt Instructors will continue to provide coaching and mentorship in order to help you improve a real process, and save $40k in projected annual savings.
Additionally, we will extend a no-interest payment plan option, allowing you to divide the tuition into monthly portions. See below for detils.
You're invited to learn more about Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Are you new to Lean Six Sigma? Click here to watch our recent information session. And connect with during our upcoming live webinars~
Select between two sessoins, depending on your preferred class format.
- Live Online (previously in-class): Friday, December 4, 8:00am-9:00am. Register here.
- Online (self-paced): Friday, December 4, 9:30-10:30am. Register here.
Improve Performance, Enhance Quality, Reduce Costs
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) provides a systematic method to improve performance and reduce variation in business operations to achieve productivity and profitability gains. Students earn various colors of Belts which indicate their levels of mastery of LSS expertise. A person who has earned the designation of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt often plays a key role in the success of an organization’s process improvement initiatives.
As a member or leader of a high-performing LSS project team, the Green Belt is involved in selecting or defining projects, setting project objectives, data gathering, statistical analysis, and change implementation. To function effectively, Green Belts need to understand and apply the basic LSS concepts, tools and methodologies in a variety of situations. This course is designed to educate those who wish to attain the level of Green Belt.
- Immediately apply the established LSS principles to a case study or real-life project
- Receive guided mentorship from a Master Black Belt
- Learn to implement LSS directly into your workplace
- Content aligns with the American Society for Quality’s (ASQ’s) Body of Knowledge
- Enhance your organizations ability to overcome challenges by apply Lean Six Sigma's proven techniques and strategies
- Eligible to earn 40 PDU's through the Project Management Institute (PMI), in order to maintain your PMP certification
- Graduates of the in-class program are prepared to progress into the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Practicum course.
Who Should Attend?
Any team or individual responsible for managing or participating significantly in any business process activities including managers, professionals and line staff. Any process. Any industry.
No-Interest Payment Plan
We know covering the cost of tuition can be challenging. To help you, UC San Diego Extension offers a no-interest payment plan to help break up the cost of this training into more manageable monthly payments.
The first payment is needed to process your registration, and we can then select the recurring payment date (i.e. the 1st or 15th of each month).
To proceed with a payment plan please complete the No-Interest Payment Plan Request Form. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Class or section you’d like to register into
- Full name, address and phone number
- Select recurring payment date: 1st or 15th of each month
A member of our staff will respond to your request shortly. For questions, please reach out to ProcessPrograms@ucsd.edu.
Meet the instructors and join our recent information session! . Explore the format, learn how you can bring in a real project from your organization.
Angela Miller, Program Manager
Course Number: MAE-40013
Credit: 4.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Accounting, Business Analysis Tools and Strategies, Business Management, Facilities Management, Finance, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Project Management, Supply Management, Sustainable Business Practices
+ Expand All
9/21/2020 - 1/22/2021
10/8/2020 - 1/20/2021
1/19/2021 - 4/9/2021
1/19/2021 - 6/4/2021
1/22/2021 - 4/23/2021