You're invited to learn more about Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Are you new to Lean Six Sigma? Come learn about our Lean Six Sigma programs at a free information session on Friday, March 20 from 8:00am-9:00am. Meet current instructors and students, learn about process improvement, and enjoy breakfast! After, step into the classroom to watch current students present their LSS projects.
Improve Performance, Enhance Quality, Reduce Costs
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) provides a systematic method to improve performance and reduce variation in business operations to achieve productivity and profitability gains. Students earn various colors of Belts which indicate their levels of mastery of LSS expertise. A person who has earned the designation of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt often plays a key role in the success of an organization’s process improvement initiatives.
As a member or leader of a high-performing LSS project team, the Green Belt is involved in selecting or defining projects, setting project objectives, data gathering, statistical analysis, and change implementation. To function effectively, Green Belts need to understand and apply the basic LSS concepts, tools and methodologies in a variety of situations. This course is designed to educate those who wish to attain the level of Green Belt.
- Immediately apply the established LSS principles to a case study or real-life project
- Receive guided mentorship from a Master Black Belt
- Learn to implement LSS directly into your workplace
- Content aligns with the American Society for Quality’s (ASQ’s) Body of Knowledge
- Enhance your organizations ability to overcome challenges by apply Lean Six Sigma's proven techniques and strategies
- Eligible to earn 45 PDU's through the Project Management Institute (PMI), in order to maintain your PMP certification
- Graduates of the in-class program are prepared to progress into the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Practicum course.
Who Should Attend?
Any team or individual responsible for managing or participating significantly in any business process activities including managers, professionals and line staff. Any process. Any industry.
No-Interest Payment Plan
We know covering the cost of tuition can be challenging. To help you, UC San Diego Extension offers a no-interest payment plan to help break up the cost of this training into more manageable monthly payments.
The first payment is needed to process your registration, and we can then select the recurring payment date (i.e. the 1st or 15th of each month).
To proceed with a payment plan please complete the No-Interest Payment Plan Request Form. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Class or section you’d like to register into
- Full name, address and phone number
- Select recurring payment date: 1st or 15th of each month
A member of our staff will respond to your request shortly. For questions, please reach out to ProcessPrograms@ucsd.edu.
Note: Program Contact:
Angela Miller, Program Manager
Course Number: MAE-40013
Credit: 4.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Accounting, Business Analysis Tools and Strategies, Business Management, Facilities Management, Finance, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Project Management, Supply Management, Sustainable Business Practices
+ Expand All
2/20/2020 - 5/15/2020
3/30/2020 - 6/12/2020
3/30/2020 - 7/24/2020
4/24/2020 - 7/24/2020