Our Specialized Certificate in Machine Learning Methods will introduce students to the subject matter using a variety of tools including: Linear Algebra, Deep Learning, TensorFlow, and Deep Neural Networks (DNN).
Machine Learning is an application of artificial intelligence that provides systems the ability to automatically learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed. According to a report by BCC Research, the ability of computers to "learn" without having to be programmed will continue to impact global markets in coming years. This growth is being driven by increased computing power, the expanding need for learning and prediction applications, and rising usage of the cloud for data storage.
A student completing this certificate will accumulate an important set of skills needed in current machine learning careers. Courses consist of both theoretical and practical skills complementing each other and hence enhancing the machine learning scientist abilities. Furthermore, courses are designed and classified to train students further in the field of machine learning, as well as coordinating with other engineering disciplines and industrial practices.
- All courses can be taken online, many offered each academic quarter
- Practical, comprehensive hands-on training
- Taught by leading industry practitioners
- Immediately applicable skills
- Industry-neutral curriculum allows you to apply knowledge to your field of interest
EDC Preferred Provider
The San Diego Regional EDC's Advancing San Diego program is designed to address talent shortages in STEM positions. Students of our program will be eligible for fully-funded internships at San Diego small companies. Learn more about the program by visiting AdvancingSD.com.
Key Program Topics
- Learn linear algebra skills necessary for machine learning and neural network modelling
- Tools and underlying mathematical concepts of data interpretation that work with specific models of neural networks (NN)
- Review tools available to build Deep Learning including: Tensor Flow, Keras, and Theano
- Perform detailed analysis of leading machine learning approaches and popular NN like CNN, FCNN, ImageNet, ResNet, and RNN
- Apply NN in image classification, image segmentation and natural language processing (NLP)
- Algorithms and modelling used in supervised learning of neural networks
Demand and Job Prospects
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median wages for a Computer and Information Research Scientist are $86,510 per year nationwide
- Computer and Information Research Scientists is an O*NET “Bright Outlook” job: a new and emerging role in a high growth industry
- According to Burning Glass, top companies hiring Machine Learning Scientists nationwide in the past year include IBM, Apple, Booz Allen Hamilton, Facebook, Conduent, Google, Microsoft, Twitter, and many others in the tech industry.
Who Will Benefit
- Individuals looking to learn machine learning skills using easily accessible tools
- Those seeking to transition into a career in Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning
- Students desiring skills to enhance their prospects for a career in the hot AI market
- Individuals with mathematical and computer sci backgrounds looking to add to their existing skillset.
At a Glance
- Number of courses: Three (one required class and two electives)
- Total units: Nine
- Estimated cost: $2,270 (excludes textbooks, software, related materials)
- Time to complete: Flexible; most students complete the program in six to nine months
- Delivery: All courses offered online
For more information about this program, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be a $95 fee upon acceptance into the program