MATLAB is a scientific computing tool for data analysis, image processing, and other data intensive applications with a rapid development environment capable of prototyping scientific applications quickly.
Participants in this course will explore tool boxes in depth and use them in their programs. They will learn to develop a graphical user interface and how to make their own toolboxes. This class is designed for the scientific programmer who is looking for entry into the field and wants to use MATLAB to accelerate the development process. Knowledge of programming is recommended. Certain applications in engineering design will be discussed.
- Introduction to MATLAB
- Vectors and Matrices
- Program Flow Control
- 2D and 3D Graphics
- Function Discovery and Regression
- Statistics & Probability
- Calculus & Differential Equations
- Graphical User Interface
- Understand MATLAB architecture and its GUI.
- Learn MATLAB commands and the mathematical operators used for computation
- Experience with MATLAB programming language interface and writing MATLAB code.
- Ability to use 2D and 3D graphing tools.
- Build Graphical User Interface.
- Implement methods and algorithms for the solution of engineering and scientific problems.
Software: Students version of MATLAB and Simulink downloadable software from Mathworks.
Hardware: Students will be required to bring a laptop
Course Typically Offered: In-class during Winter and Summer quarter
Prerequisites: Math-40017 Introduction to Calculus or equivalent Calculus math level and prior knowledge of any programming language. Background knowledge in the Science or Engineering fields assumed.
Next steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other courses in the Mechanical Analysis and Design Certificate.
More information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about Mechanical Analysis and Design and course offerings.
Course Number: CSE-40848
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Mechanical Analysis and Design
+ Expand All
9/29/2020 - 11/24/2020