Use MATLAB for Mechanical Engineering Design and Analysis applications
Program using MATLAB and Simulink for applications in engineering topics such as dynamics, vibrations, systems, control, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer. In this course, students will learn about both textual and graphical programing, graphical presentation of computations, creation of functions to rapidly perform analysis processes and visualization.
- Dynamics and Vibration using as an example single degree vibratory systems
- Control Systems are introduced using the example of a PID Controller of a Magnetic Suspension System
- Hydrostatics in Fluid Mechanics
- Simulink and Systems Simulation
- Heat Transfer
- Ability to create and manipulate variables and matrices
- Program and run scripts
- Use graphics tools to display data
- Manipulate imported data
- Graphical programing in Simulink
- Identify and simulation of dynamic systems
- Apply the skills acquired to solve problems and visualize solutions to problems in various engineering fields
Software: Students version of MATLAB and Simulink downloadable software from Mathworks.
Hardware: Students will be required to bring a laptop
Course Typically Offered: In-class during Winter and Summer quarter
Prerequisites: Prior engineering knowledge required, MATLAB programming experience a plus but not necessary.
Next steps: Upon completion of this class, consider enrolling in other courses in the Mechanical Analysis and Design Certificate.
More information: Contact email@example.com to learn more about Mechanical Analysis and Design and course offerings.
Course Number: MAE-40030
Credit: 3.00 unit(s)
Related Certificate Programs: Mechanical Analysis and Design
+ Expand All
10/5/2019 - 12/7/2019